Change Your View
On any street, the VERSYS 1000 offers maximum riding enjoyment. The highly responsive in-line four engine combined with a nimble chassis delivers sport performance in the most comfortable of settings. A weekend solo scratch, the daily commute, the long distance tour; solo or two-up the VERSYS 1000 will handle all that you can throw at it. The upright seating position, range of genuine accessories and and engine that loves to perform make the VERSYS 1000 the ideal city bike that comes alive on the twisty roads.
Change your view and ride the Kawasaki VERSYS 1000; comfort and performance.
- Adjustable windscreen
- ø43mm Inverted Forks
- Petal Discs with ABS
- Genuine Accessories Range
- Assist and Slipper Clutch
- Centerstand as Standard Equipment
- Horizontal Back-Link Rear Suspension
- Clean-mount Pannier System
- Aluminium Twin-tube Frame
- Thickly padded Seat
- 21 litre Capacity Tank
- Wide Handlebars
- Upright Riding Position
- Power Mode Selection
- 1043cm3 Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, In-line four cylinder engine
Thickly Padded Seat
Deep cushioning material offers superb comfort and control for long-distance riding. The seat’s slim design and the knee grip characteristics of the tanks afford good freedom of movement.
The rear seat is sculpted to support and “lock-in” the pillion. Kawasaki’s most comfortable and secure pillion seat on a sports touring bike.
The centerstand on the VERSYS 1000 is a standard feature to facillitate easy maintainence work; a true sports touring bike feature.
Essential to make the ongoing maintainence tasks like lubricating your chain and checking the tyre pressures, easier to do.
Triple Petal Disc Brakes
ø310mm front petal discs gripped by opposed 4-piston calipers deliver stronger stopping power with good brake touch and feel.
True to the VERYS 1000’s envisioned riding environment, ABS settings facillitate controlled braking in a variety of street riding situations.
The Versys Clutch
Race-inspired clutch technology offers a back-torque limiting function as well as a light feel at the lever.
Assist & Slipper Clutch was developed based on feedback from racing activities. The clutch uses two types of cams (an assist cam and a slipper cam).
- The VERSYS 1000 face is adorned with twin headlights arranged horizontally.
- Smart indicators blend with the bike styling.
- Wide, Tapered handle bars enable sporty riding.
- The mirror design adds the the fresh, sporty appearance
- Heel guard pads protect the motorcycles appearance.
- Tachometer face is black and easy to read.
- Striking finish on the silencer body and an aluminium die-cast end cap.
- The front brake reservoir tank is a stylish wedge shape.
- The aerodynamic chin spoiler is both functional and superbly stylish, creating a front face that calls to mind a wicked grin of fun that will resemble you own smiling face as you ride the VERSYS 1000.
Sporty 17″ Wheels
Lightweight 6-spoke wheels that measure 17″ are ideal for sporty street performance.
The tyre selected for their road sports potential offer increased cornering performance for more fun in hills, increased high speed stability and a stronger on-road image to go with the Versys 1000 refreshed styling.
Aluminium Twin Tube Frame
A narrow construction that is easy to grip with your knees. Lighweight and highly rigid, the frame configuration adds to the handling, offering a firm, planted feel, good stability and light, nimble turning.
Clean Mount Pannier System – Accessory
The mounting system for the accessory panniers enable simple, clean mounting, keeping the panniers much close to the bike centreline ensures the rear of the bike looks good with or without the panniers. (Available as accessory). Colour matched covers available.
Adjustable windscreen has a stepless range of approximately 75mm. Height can be adjusted without tools (using two knobs on the front of the screen) to suit rider preference.
The greater range of adjustment contributes to increased wind protection and comfort.
Real world riding occurs on streets that are often less than circuit smooth – road imperfections (bumps, holes) are far from rare, and some streets are not even sealed – Kawasaki engineers chose long travel suspension to enable riders to carve corners with aplomb. The VERSYS 1000 is not designed for off-road use, but the long travel suspension’s ability to cope with less than perfect street conditions allows the Versys to remain composed where-ever you take it.
- At the front the VERSYS 1000 is supported by ø43mm inverted cartridge type fork
- The front suspension is adjustable for rebound, compression and preload
- Supple suspension setting provides rider comfort.
- Long, rigid fork tubes.
- The horizontal back-link rear suspension positions the shock unit and linkage above the swingarm
- A 109N/m rear shock spring gives sport riding stability and enables the bike to perform when fully loaded
- A remote-preload adjuster means changes to suit two-up riding or luggage can be made easily and by hand.
- The rear shock is also adjustable for rebound damping
High Payload & Carrying Capacity
Substantial payload of 220kg. A rear carrier (6kg capacity) is fitted as standard equipment.
47L Top Case – Accessory
An accessory top case (and mount) can be fitted. The top case is rate to 5kg and the 47L size is large enough to fit two full face helmets.
Tough-design multi-function instrumentation; analogue style tachometer and LCD with speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, clock, dual trip meters, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, and external air temperature.
21 litre fuel tank adds to the touring abilities of the 2017 Versys 1000. With engine and transmission settings (calculated) range on one tank could be 400km. New design fuel guage inside the fuel tank enable a very precise estimation of the remaining range.
The wide handlebar provide easy control at all speeds. Positioned to offer natural grip, it allows the rider’s elbows to be slightly bent when sitting in a relaxed, upright stance.
3 Mode KTRC (Kawasaki TRaction Contol)
Traction control technology which helps maintain optimum traction in sport riding situations by predicting the rear wheel slip ratio during acceleration.
Power Mode Selection
Power modes offer riders an easily selectable choice between Full and Low Power. While Full Power is unrestricted, in Low Power mode maximum power is limited to approximately 75-80% of Full.
The Economical Riding Indicator is a function that indicates when current riding conditions are consuming a low amount of fuel.